March 20, 2013

I love this boy!

DSC_1256
Well, as it turns out, Aidan will be my one and only son. It’s so weird to think about that! I don’t know why but I always imagined I would have one more boy. Now, that’s not to say that I’m not SUPER HAPPY about baby girl…I am! It’s just really interesting finding out who will complete your family and knowing that is it. Weird feeling! I love that he is the oldest because I have always said, even before having kids, every little girl needs a big brother. Now 3 little girls have a big brother! I love it!
So, I wanted to post something that Aidan did today that made me laugh. Ok, well it actually made me sad and it made me laugh. He told me he was making a sign for his door, which he has never done before. The cartoon, Max and Ruby gave him the idea. He hopped up and got busy. I could hear him asking Maya how to spell her name. She thinks her name is spelled Myaa for some reason but that’s another story:) When he was finished he came and got me and this is what I saw.
DSC_1402
I could see that he tried to phonetically spell Arabella’s name, then he wrote his own then in some weird way, Maya’s and last, dad. I was so proud because this was the very first time he has ever attempted to phonetically spell anything! Then, he started to explain the sign to me…
Next to “ERUBLU” Arabella there is a frowny stick figure that is circled with a line through it. That means that Arabella is NOT ALLOWED to enter his room. Everybody else can but not Arabella. So sad! Aidan and Arabella have such clashing personalities and they just drive each other crazy! Maybe when they get older they will get along better? Maybe not.
Anyway, Aidan’s behavior has greatly improved and I’m so proud of him. He is my sweet big boy:)

1 comments:

Amy said...

SO cute! I love when Will entered this phase of making signs by himself. We found I love you sticky notes and do not enter signs. its so fun!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed