April 4, 2013

Easter 2013

We had a FUN, FUN, FUN Easter this year! No, we didn’t do anything spectacular but we did have fun! Our first Easter activity was egg dying.
DSC_1438
DSC_1442 DSC_1440
DSC_1446
DSC_1449
DSC_1458
Then, Saturday morning we went to an on base Easter egg hunt. All of the kids 3-5 years old, were corralled onto a baseball field and lined up against the fence to wait for the go ahead.
DSC_1473
There weren’t supposed to be any parents so that it would be fair for all of the kids.
DSC_1477
As you can see, that didn’t quite work out the way they planned it. Darn, sneaky parents! When we went in to find our kids Arabella was crying. We had watched her pick up 2 eggs at the beginning of the hunt but when we found her she was empty handed. Apparently, she dropped her eggs or they were snatched from her. Poor thing! Maya and Aidan shared with her. We weren’t too concerned because we live in the most awesome culdesac that arranged an egg hunt just for the kids in our culdesac. It was AWESOME!
DSC_1484
The kids, including Arabella, got tons of eggs filled with candy!
DSC_1492
Afterwards, we all got together and had a BBQ. I love where we live! We have the best neighbors!
Sunday morning we went to church:)
DSC_1508
DSC_1518
Ok, now I have to share my most awesome discovery! As much as I love taking pictures of my kids and they should be used to it, it is always soooo stressful trying to get one of them all looking at me and smiling(nicely). They just WILL NOT do it! It drives me mad! So, I was thinking, “How on earth am I going to get a decent Easter picture of them?”. When it came to me! I pulled out a whoopie cushion! It worked like a charm! So, now I have to share the pics of them cracking up because they are so cute!
DSC_1504DSC_1505DSC_1513
What a great Easter it was. Then, just to top it all off, my sister-in-law, Amy(my brother’s wife) and 2 of her 4 boys, happened to be in town and came over for Easter dinner and to spend the night. It gave us an excuse to make a feast and I baked my very first ham ever. It came out delish! It was quite the treat to have family over for the holiday. Grateful for an incredible weekend!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like a fun Easter and a ton of eggs! What cute cute kids you guys have!

Pamela said...

How fun!

I made an Elmo and Cookie monster lens cover for when my brother in law takes our pics. Just take a red scrunchie, add googly eyes and an orange nose (or just googly eyes on a blue scrunchie). It goes around his lens so he can catch them looking at him. It's worked great for us (so far!)

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed