April 17, 2013

Baby’s Big Ultrasound!

Last week I had my big ultrasound and it was such an incredible experience. I was so sad that Rich couldn’t be there because they were short handed at the Pharmacy but I was so grateful that I got a DVD. There is no audio which is a bummer because I think the technician and I were pretty entertaining;) The technician just kept saying how photogenic and perfect she is. She was so active and perfectly positioned so we could see all of her little shenanigans.
Right away she gave us a little wave by opening her little hand so we could see her fingers. She repeatedly pushed herself up with her legs. You can see her swallowing and even her little heartbeat. The technician was shocked at how long her legs are. She measured her thigh bone and said, “Oh my goodness! Is your husband tall?” I told her he isn’t and she said she had better remeasure and sure enough, she was right the first time. She said we might just get a tall one! At around 4:25 you can see the technician poke at her feet and then a few seconds later I poked at her too:D
(For some strange reason we couldn’t get the video on my actual page so you have to click on the link)
Driving home from the ultrasound I had the cheesiest grin on my face. I felt so completely overwhelmed with gratitude for such a perfect little girl growing inside of me. Seeing her made me so excited to meet her and gave me a sense of peace that everything was going to be ok. The technician repeatedly said, “she is so perfect” and in my heart I was hoping and praying that she wouldn’t have to come into this world fighting. The idea of having her come out with the ability to breathe had me in tears. I am so hopeful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed