August 16, 2013

Aaaaand I’m Still Pregnant ~39 Weeks~

Today was supposed to be the big day. Today we were scheduled to go into labor and delivery at 7am to be induced. Today was supposed to be Eva’s birthday. It was not. Last night at 8:30 we got a call from labor and delivery informing us that our doctor had “an accident” and would not be available to deliver our baby in the morning. We were offered a doctor that has been assisting our doctor, Dr. Hall. We looked him up online and found that he has only been practicing for a year! Yikes! Now, that’s not to say that he’s not a great doctor but for our particular circumstance we did not feel comfortable having someone with so little experience. We requested another doctor that I had seen before and really liked and they called him to see if he would be willing to do it. He was going out of town that very morning, of course. We just did not feel comfortable with the options we were given and passed on the induction.

I wanted to take a picture wearing the same top I wore for my first belly shot just to show the growth.

First pic ~21 weeks~  Second pic ~39 weeks~

DSC_1545  DSC_2645

This morning I called my doctors office to find out a little more information about Dr. Hall so that we could make a decision about what we were going to do. The people I spoke with were so frustrating because they wouldn’t give me any information as to how long Dr. Hall would be out. They just kept saying, “He is dealing with a personal matter.” Ok. I’m not trying to be nosey, I just want to know when he will be available to deliver my baby! They acted like it was some big secret and they couldn’t tell me what was going on as far as his schedule. They later offered to connect us with the doctor that would be taking over Dr. Hall’s patience while he is out. Rich spoke with him and he was quick to fill us in on what was going on with Dr. Hall. The big secret was that he had fallen off of a ladder and hurt his wrist and head. He would be out for one week. Not such a big deal and now we knew we had to plan on having our baby without him.

We have set our induction date for next Tuesday, the 20th. That’s one day before Aidan’s birthday. Baby Eva will be delivered by a different doctor, Dr. Bitner. Rich and I feel that he will do a great job. When Rich spoke with him he had already read over our file and had questions for Rich about Aidan and Arabella so that he could better prepare. Rich spoke with him about not clamping the cord right away and Dr. Bitner is 100% on board. We are confident that everything will go smoothly.

So, looks like I’ll be pregnant for a few more days which is ok by me. It gives me a little bit more time to let the excitement of meeting our baby girl build:) Once again….getting excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed