August 5, 2013

Getting Close!!! ~38 Weeks~

I think that it’s obvious that I’m getting close by the lack of blog posts the past couple of weeks.

Here I am, 2 weeks shy of being done!

DSC_2577

I’m feeling physically done but still a little mentally and emotionally not quite there yet. My body is hurting and tired but I still can’t imagine what it’s going to be like having a baby and maybe, just maybe I’m gonna be a little sad that this is the last time I will ever be pregnant? Still sorting through those emotions.

Rich is starting to really stress and worry about whether or not she will be born with vocal cord paralysis. When I think about it I freak out so I really try not to think about it. I spoke with my doctor about a few more details of how it will all go down. I initially did not want to be induced but after talking to my doctor about it I think we have decided that it would be much safer if I was induced so that he could be sure to be there and he also prefers the daytime NICU staff over the overnight staff because he feels they are more experienced. He will be sure that the NICU is in the room at delivery and we even spoke a little bit about not clamping the umbilical cord for a couple of minutes after she is born so that her oxygen supply will not be cut off immediately.

Ugh! It really sets me into panic mode having to plan and think about the worst case scenario but at the same time I feel so grateful that we can at least be prepared this time and avoid what happened with Aidan and Arabella.

GETTING SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Amy said...

It is so close! We are getting so excited to hear the news! So glad you and doc are working together to make the best decisions...having been induced a few times, I don't think its that bad-but I'm a planner too so it eases my nerves :)

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed