August 19, 2013

It’s Baby Time…For Real ~40 Weeks~

We just made it official this morning. I will be induced tomorrow morning at 7:15. We found another doctor that is very experienced and is taking our case very seriously. He called Rich this morning to ask a few more questions so that he can be sure he has a good team in the delivery room. I feel really good about him.

The kids have been extra sweet today. Aidan seems to be getting more and more excited about having a baby sister. He loves to hug and sing to my belly. This morning he was singing, “Little little baby! Dancing dancing baby!” and then she would move and he would get so excited!

While I’m not a fan of bare belly pics, especially big, pasty white ones, this is Aidan loving his baby sister.

 photo-5

photo-8

As it turns out, baby Eva will be born the day before Aidan’s birthday. I don’t really like the idea of them having birthday’s so close but there is not much we can do about that now. He has been asking if he could be the first to hold her even though Maya has been wanting to be the first to hold her. Since the first time he meets her will be on his birthday I think that it is very fitting that the birthday boy be the first to hold his new baby sister.

I can’t believe that it is actually going to happen this time. By this time tomorrow, I will be in active labor…YIKES! I’m so grateful for all of the support we have and will have. So many neighbors and friends have called and texted to see if we need anything. My neighbor, Liz will be watching the girls tomorrow while my friend, Jess, watches Aidan. My other neighbor, Dawn, is bringing dinner for Rich and the kids tomorrow night and so many others have offered to bring us meals. We have a great ward and military family. I feel so much love and support from all of our friends, near and far.

A foot tall cookie that my friend, Jess made for me. The second pic is after Arabella got to it while I was sitting outside talking to Jess.

photo-6  photo-7

I have been feeling so much peace when I think about the possibility of baby Eva having vocal cord paralysis. I just feel like she is going to be fine. I have my moments of complete panic when I think about the details of what we have to go through if she does have it but for the most part I have complete peace. Praying for a healthy baby and a smooth delivery.

~40 Weeks~

Today is my due date.

DSC_2652

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed