March 20, 2014

Kid Art And Letters From Aidan

My kids love coloring and drawing pictures. I love it because it kind of shows me how they see our family. Aidan’s preschool teacher told me once that she could tell which parent wore the pants in the family by how big the child drew them in a family drawing. We laughed because Aidan always drew me bigger than Rich! Now, he pretty much draws us the same size so I guess that’s a good sign, right? Here are some of the kids most recent art work.

Maya drew this. Things I love about it: Rich’s spiky hair; The way she drew me holding Eva.

photo 2-3

This was the day that Aidan was learning his lesson on gratitude and had to stay home while Rich took the girls out to the aquatic center. I knew exactly what he was thinking about when he showed me this and explained that it was Maya and Arabella playing in the pool and all of the fun slides at the aquatic center.

photo 2-4

Aidan drew this “Santa” and cut it out then put it in a sealed envelope to send to Santa. I love his big thumbs!

photo 1-3

I thought this drawing Maya did was so adorable of a huge flower and a bee.

photo 1-4

Now that Aidan is getting better at reading and spelling he loves to write letters. This is what he wrote to Rich after he had an accident on his way home from school.

Translation

“Dad I got hurt today. I flipped on my scooter. I was bleeding. I have a bandaid. I was crying. People saw me crying. Dawn walked me home. Kayden rode my scooter.

photo 2-5

This is a letter he wrote to Maya after he was sent to his room for crashing into Maya repeatedly.

photo 3-2

I love this stage they are in! Arabella is just now coming in to the stage where she actually tries to stay in the lines when she colors. I miss seeing them so little but I’m enjoying seeing them grow and be more creative.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed