April 2, 2017

Major Baker

This whole military “thing” has been amazing! One of the things I really loved about Rich when I met him was his love for adventure. He was passionate about it! In fact, when I met him he was saving up money for a trip to see South America mostly by motorcycle. He’s not the type to talk about and plan stuff and then not follow through, he was going to do this. I have to be honest, I thought it was a little crazy but I was still very attracted to his adventurous spirit. I think that this trip was one of the reasons why he was a little hesitant to start a serious relationship with me. I obviously tricked him into marrying me anyways, lol! He did make it very clear all along that he was still going to take this trip but that we were going to take it together and NOT on a motorcycle. Well, as time went on and we began to talk about adding to our little family, we realized that money was going to be tight and we would need to upgrade one of our cars. I clearly remember sitting in his car in the parking lot in front of our first apartment when he said to me, “Let’s use the money I’ve saved up for the trip.” I was shocked! I knew how much that trip meant to him and because he was willing to let go of that trip for the moment so that we could continue our plans of starting our family, I knew that me and our future family meant more to him than anything. He made me promise that we would still take that trip someday. Fast-forward 10 years and our lives have taken a path that we couldn’t have imagined while sitting in his little green Celica planning our future.

 

This is where the military comes in. Thanks to the military we have had more adventures than we ever thought we would! Rich is living his dream of adventures daily, here in Okinawa. We are all living that dream together and we don’t take a single day for granted. We love the opportunities that serving in the Air Force has given us and are truly honored to be a part of this incredible branch. A month ago, Captain Baker became Major Baker and we continue to feel blessed, daily, for this opportunity.

DSCF2874 DSCF2890

DSCF2893

DSCF2914 DSCF2918

DSCF2899

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed