April 2, 2017

Trip down memory lane…

I felt like I needed to preface my next post “Lehanos In Oki” with a quick trip down memory lane. Kulia, or as I once knew her, Sister Asakura-Muramoto, is one of my oldest friends. Really, she is almost 40! No, I’m kidding. I first met Kulia when we were in the Missionary Training Center in Provo, preparing to serve on Temple Square. I remember looking at her name tag and thinking, ‘That’s a mouthful!’, and then I nailed the pronunciation and I’m pretty sure she was impressed, lol! We have been friends ever since.

FullSizeRender_14

IMG_5276

We went through all of our training together at Welfare Square

(Driver, Asakura, Zeh, Me, Jungfleisch)

IMG_5274

FullSizeRender

Training at the Humanitarian Center

(Me, Driver, Wilcox, Jungfleisch, Asakura)

FullSizeRender_10

FullSizeRender_9

Meetings

(Jungfleisch, Driver, Mullie, Me, Zeh, Asakura, Wilcox)

FullSizeRender_11

Outings

(Driver, Me, Jungfleisch, Asakura)

FullSizeRender_15

(Grayson, Reeves, Me, Asakura)

FullSizeRender_12

(Booty, Asakura, Me, Jungfleisch and that might be my cute companion in the back, Cuvellier)

FullSizeRender_7

Christmases

(Me, Asakura, Grayson)

FullSizeRender_13

(Christmas dinner)

FullSizeRender_1

New companions and training. I’m convinced that we are still such great friends because we were never companions. I don’t know if I could have kept up with her pace!

(Asakura, Me, Jungy)

FullSizeRender_2

(Me, Gonzy, Asakura)

FullSizeRender_6

(Me, my sweet Yuey, Jungy, Asakura)

FullSizeRender_8

This crazy lady who stole my camera and camera case and took a picture of herself defiling my case is also in most of my pictures. That’s Wilcox, she’s gross.

IMG_5277

Kulia and I even opened our field calls together.

FullSizeRender_3

Kulia: “They made some kind of mistake, we aren’t going to the same mission!”

FullSizeRender_4

She went to Colorado Springs Mission and I went to the Boise Idaho Mission

FullSizeRender_5

We wrote each other during our 3-4 months in the field…well, she wrote me, I can’t remember if I wrote her, lol! When we left Temple Square to go home she was the first person I called. In fact, I didn’t take into consideration the time difference between Missouri and Hawaii and when I called her, her sweet dad answered the phone and went and woke her up. It was 3am!

 

Anyway, I think it’s pretty clear how much this crazy girl means to me and that’s why her visit to Okinawa was such a special one. Love you, Kulia & fam!

1 comments:

Kulia said...

I love you and your dead foot!!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed