November 29, 2009

Make Your Prediction!

So it's been a good 2 weeks since the doctor told me that she could come at any time. Every day it feels like she is coming but then I make it through the day! I keep making predictions and she keeps proving me wrong so I want to know what YOUR prediction is! Here is where I currently stand:
*Dilated to a 4
*50% effaced
*Have about 3-4 decent contractions a day
*I am feeling more pain in my hips
* Due date is December 8th, the day Rich's finals start. Yippee!
*Aidan was 1 week late, Maya was 3 days late
*My mom is flying in on December 5th

What do you think? How much longer until we get to meet this little girl? Oh, and by the way, we have changed her name. Funny story. I went to my appointment last week and was seen by a different doctor because mine was out of town. She walked in and the first thing she said when she looked at my chart and saw what we were naming our baby girl is, "Oh no, not ANOTHER Isabella." Apparently this is a very popular name thanks to Twilight. Rich and I had picked out the name before Twilight became huge but still cannot seem to escape the hype so we have decided to change her name ever so slightly just to give her a little more individuality. Her name will be announced after she is born :)

7 comments:

Jenessa said...

I'll guess Dec 3rd. Can't wait to hear the new name! So excited for you guys! Let us know when she's on her way...

missy said...

hmmm, Isabel? What can it be?

Heidi McLeod said...

Was it my favorite doctor lady that said that? Ugh. Send her my love. not. Anyway, you are going to have the baby TONIGHT b/c I am up at 3 am and can watch your kids! :)

M. said...

gotta love Twilight. Way to ruin a good name ;)

Um, I say Dec 2nd

Jess said...

Yes Heidi it was the wonderful Donna. Gotta love her! I have a thing or two to say to you. See my new post. You know Mel, I almost wish I was a die hard Twilighter because then naming her Isabella would be cool. I'm still just a little torn about the new name :(

M. said...

you know what... if you love the name that much than just do it. Sure there will be nay sayers but... in 5, 10, 15 years are people really going to go "oh, you must have been born when Twilight came out". Only if you called her Bella. But isabel? Issie? But then agian, maybe she'll come out not looking like one. I'm always torn as to whether you make the name fit the kid or vv.

Em said...

I hate it when perfectly good names get ruined by pop culture. =( And what a rude thing for a doc to say!!

Anyway, I think she's gonna keep teasing you until Dec 6th. Good luck!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed