November 2, 2009

Slacking

So this pregnancy has been a little rough. This is why it's been quite a while since I've made a post. I probably shouldn't complain because I know that there are others that have it a million times worse than I do. This is for me to be able to look back on and remember the reality of being pregnant before I decide I want to have another baby. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but I enjoy them soooo much more when I'm not pregnant.

Varicose veins :) They have not been fun. It's not even the actual veins that bother me so much, it's more the achy legs and swollen feet. I've discovered that the best thing to do for this, other than wearing the compression hose which work wonders is to put my legs up. Seriously though, I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old, when am I gonna get a chance to do this every time my legs start to ache?

Back pain :) I have been having back pain almost since the beginning of my pregnancy. I learned from my doctor that apparently all of this is because my uterus is not as strong as it used to be. I am carrying really low and this is causing all of the pressure I've been feeling. She said that everything I would normally feel at the very end of my pregnancy I will feel a lot earlier on. She was right. Now that I'm getting to the end of my pregnancy...ouch.

Muscle spasms :) I have muscle spasms randomly throughout the day that stop me in my tracks. Kind of funny to watch. Not so fun for me.

Every night at around midnight Bella wakes up and begins to practice her kick boxing. If I'm not asleep yet I won't be for about 30-40 minutes. If I am asleep...I'm not anymore. Thus, I am a bit sleep deprived which makes for a grouchy mommy in the morning. My kids are great! They are usually well behaved and good natured but they still want my attention. I want to give it to them but I'm often short tempered and impatient. I am not the mom I want to be...when I am pregnant.

Like I said, this is not meant to be a pity party. It is for the future me. Also for the future me...
they are soooooo worth it.

2 comments:

Em said...

McKenna did the kick boxing routine thing. She'd wake up about 11pm and stay up until 2amish. Sometimes I would wake up and find Brian poking my stomach too, from the outside. It was good bonding for them. It made me tired, and I didn't have other kids to take care of in the morning!

Good luck with the last little while...or lets be honest, what will seem like the last LONG while.

You do make beautiful babies, so I'm glad you're going through this. =)

RuSty and LaLa said...

atleast you have an excuse. I've just been lazy. We are both going to do better...right!?

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed