January 13, 2011

Happy Ending-New Beginning

So here we are, mid January and I’m finally making my end of 2010 post. Yeah, we’ve been a little busy. We are finally back home in Florida after a 3 week visit to Missouri. It was memorable…in a good way:D I will always remember the day that I spent with my mom and my sister shopping. We spent waaaay too much money, laughed waaaay too hard and then ended the fun day with a quick run to Freddy’s for some steak burgers. Yum! Another memory from this trip that is more like a childhood memory is my momma’s cooking. WOW can that woman cook! Seriously, she makes the most delicious food I’ve ever had. Needless to say, Rich & I gained a few pounds.

At the Baker’s home we made some great memories too. I will always remember making fun of my mother-in-law (mom) for not liking the salmon we made for her. I will also remember how fun it was going to have lunch with mom at her school. She is a 4th grade teacher. Her students were so excited to see her grandkids and Aidan & Maya thought all of the big kids were the coolest. One of my favorite parts of this trip was going to see Rich’s dad working on Julie’s (Rich’s sister) house. My father-in-law is one of the best plumbers in the world. He installs plumbing in homes that are being built and after seeing him work I can say that he is extremely gifted.

We had a lot to celebrate while we were in Missouri and the parties were great but it’s all of the little things that I will remember and cherish the most.

Rich and I had a very memorable moment when we first got to Missouri. Rich got an important call. It was a call that we had been waiting for and hoping to hear good news. The call came in and the news was good.

image

Rich got the Air Force scholarship!!!!!!! This scholarship means so much more to us that it probably does to many others. This scholarship has determined at least the next 25 years of our lives. We had decided that if we got the scholarship we would do military as a career and so, it has been decided. My husband is going to be a Pharmacist in the Air Force! We are so excited to see what the future holds for us. What adventures are in store? We shall see!

I am about to make a serious understatement but here goes…What an AMAZING year 2010 was! Countless blessings rained down on me and my loved ones. I can only hope for such an incredible year in 2011.

3 comments:

krissiecook said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news. Think about heading to Eglin Air Force Base if you can. I know a family there that could use some friends. Not to use any names or anything...

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

CONGRATS!!!! that is way exciting! that's a hard scholarship to get & takes hard work!!!

nbarnes2 said...

congratulations! i would say knowing the future is so comforting but from what i hear you never really know what's gonna happen in the military besides change. yay for y'all!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed