January 22, 2011

Bad Day

I had a bad day today. You know, those days when you feel like everything and everybody is out to get you? Kids were grouchy which made me grouchy. We had a cold front come in which was actually nice around noon, then it just got crazy cold. We went for a walk on a trail that we had never been on. Maya stuck her hand in a HUGE ant pile then started screaming because the ants were trying to eat her hand off! Rich stayed nice and calm and started swatting/brushing them off while I screamed hysterically at the sight of my baby girls hand covered in ants. I don’t think he’s ever going to let me live this one down so I might as well blog about how ridiculous I was. What can I say, it was my natural instinct. He had to tell me to stop screaming and help him take off her sweater. Then he said, “Ok honey, without screaming take off Maya’s pants. Don’t scream.” See, now it’s funny. At the time I really was freaking out. They were everywhere, biting her! She’s fine now:D

Let’s see…what other negative thing can I write about today? Oh yeah, I was asked to speak next Sunday. Hopefully I’ll be more positive by then. We decided that today would be a good day to go to our favorite restaurant. So we did. I blogged about Alegria Tacos a few months ago. Ever since we discovered it, we just can’t get enough. The only problem is it is literally a little hole in the wall place with all of 2 tables and a total of 5 seats. There is NO WAY we could ever go there to eat with our kids. Wanna know what we do when we are dying for Alegria Tacos? I’ll tell you. We call in our order as we are driving there. Park. I go in and get our yummy food and we eat it in the van while the kids watch a movie. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Today was a desperate time. They cheered me up a bit.

Ok, enough with the negativity. I’ll tell you the one person that was amazing today. Rich. Love him! He brightens my day…

DSC_0604

And, this picture I took yesterday also brightens my day.

DSC_0636

Tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

Monika said...

awe....love ya jess! cant wait to hear your talk..you'll be fantastic! xoxox

Marianne said...

How I love reading your blog...it cheers me up! You are so realistic and candid in your comments! And we LOVE our collage of kid pictures you sent us...sure miss those cute kids..wish I was playing "Elefun" with them right now!!PS...nice new photo of you two!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed