February 10, 2011

Things they do

DSC_0652

Aidan & Maya. They crack me up. They drive me nuts. Never a dull moment at our house, that’s for sure! Just gotta document a few things they’ve been doing lately to make me crazy and make me smile.

Aidan thinks he is so grown up. I love that whenever I ask him to do something he responds with an, “Oh sure!”.  It really makes me smile when I ask him something like, “Hey, Aidan do you want to go to the park?” He responds, nonchalantly, “Sure” like he’s thinking, “Well Mom, if you really want to go to the park I’ll go with you.” Funny kid!

Something Aidan & Maya do that I used to think was cute but now it drives me nuts- Whenever mommy loses her patience with one or both of them and raise my voice at them (hey, it happens!) as I walk away one of them says to the other, “Oh mommy” in a mocking tone and then they both giggle. Yeah, they pretty much make a joke out of getting in trouble. Not so cute anymore.

They also have a secret language that Rich and I can’t figure out. Aidan says something that sounds like “ka ka?” in the form of a question and Maya will respond with yes or no. It’s so funny because they don’t do it very often, maybe once a week but we don’t know why Maya responds yes when she does or no at other times. It’s interesting to us because it almost seems like Maya feels like she HAS to respond. One night, I can’t remember the exact circumstances of why Maya was refusing to respond to anything I asked her but then Aidan said, “ka ka?” And she said in a really annoyed tone, “No!”. Crazy kids!

These two might pester each other to no end but one thing is for sure, they have a special bond. I have always felt that Maya came along as a surprise because she and Aidan were inseparable in Heaven. He needed her and she needed him.

DSC_0636

1 comments:

Jackie said...

It is amazing that kids can make you insane and be adorable at the same time. I like this post, and really cute pics!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed