February 14, 2011

Valentine’s Day

Oh, how I wish I could say I had the most romantic day ever! What can I say? There are times in our life when we just have to switch it into survival mode and when those times come holiday’s are void. To be honest, I’ve never been a sucker for Valentine’s Day. The way I look at it, my man is so good to me year round, I really don’t expect anything extra on Valentine’s day. Of course, he always does something for me anyways.

We’ve been in survival mode for the past couple of weeks because Rich had a HUGE test today. Survival mode for us means I get zilcho help. So, I have to entertain, feed, bathe, cuddle & love 3 little people all by myself. Rich is a hard core studier. I’m talking study non-stop until at least 11pm every night. It’s a time when we both have a lot on our plates and we do just SURVIVE. It’s all good. Happens to most of us. I have a lot to be grateful for so I don’t want to complain.

Sometimes as an escape and reminder of how blessed I am, I love to look back at past blog posts and remember all the good and bad that we’ve been through. It always makes me grateful. I came across a special Valentine surprise post that Rich wrote for me a few years ago.

February 14, 2008

I love Jessica!!

Happy Valentines Day!

A great poet once wrote: "Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control." I remember when we first became friends, I was determined not to let myself fall in love. I had grand plans of traveling the world, having amazing adventures, and finding my fortune. I was not going to let anything get in my way. Well, God definitely works in mysterious ways. He knew what I wanted, but had different plans for how I was going to get it. Jessica has blessed my life in more ways than I could have ever hoped for.

We both share a love for travel. Since getting married on May 13, 2006, we have traveled to: Isla Mujeres Mexico, Hawaii, Carlsbad Caverns, and Puerto Rico.

We have experienced many adventures in our travels together, but the greatest adventure I must say is that of our son Aidan. He has been such a blessing in both of our lives. I can’t say that it hasn’t been challenging, but he brings so much light and joy into our lives.

Jessica has also helped me in my path towards finding my fortune. Since getting married, I have set personal goals and have gone back to school to become a pharmacist. I was accepted into the LECOM School of Pharmacy starting in August 2008! I have also realized that the greatest fortune that I could ever have is that of loving, and be loved. What a wonderful blessing it is to be married to the love of your life!

Jessica has all of the qualities that I could have ever hoped for in a wife. She is beautiful, sexy, loving, kind, thoughtful, supportive, loyal, intelligent, and an AMAZING dancer! Jessica is such an incredibly sweet girl, I sometimes think to myself, “What did I do to deserve her?”

After much thoughtful consideration of why God has blessed my life so greatly brings me to the only possible conclusion, as articulated by President Hinckley, “well, you must have helped an old lady cross the street in the pre-existence, it isn’t anything you’ve done here.”

I therefore declare for all the world to hear that I LOVE JESSICA and that I am forever grateful to have her in my life!!

With all my love,

Rich

Am I not the luckiest girl in the world? It made me smile at the love that we had for each other back then. Then I smiled even bigger when I thought of how much we love each other now. He is and always will be my Valentine & best friend. Happy Valentine’s Day, Rich. I love you!

1 comments:

Monika said...

awe...how sweet! love it..your such an amazing momma Jess! Happy Valentines day.....it's not only on the 14th its EVERYDAY things that matter most.....love ya!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed