March 2, 2011

Fun & Frustration

My husband is turning into a work-aholic and I don’t think I like it. Ok, so it’s not actually his fault but we have been getting very little “daddy time” these days. This semester is proving to be a BUSY one and we are still adjusting. I am finally coming to terms with the fact that I’m just going to have to be a single mother this semester and that’s just the way it is! I might be exaggerating a bit but not much.

It’s been a rough adjustment for me. I got this awesome new camera but have had very few opportunities to practice taking pictures:( If and when I go out with the kids there is just no time to whip out the camera and get some shots without another kid running off or getting hurt. The crafting bug has been non existent for a couple of months now and I have missed it! It’s coming back now I just have to find the energy and the time. Good news…I’m running again! I finally feel like my ankle has healed and I’m ready to get moving. I ran 3 times last week, 2 miles each time and today I ran 2.5 miles with no problem! I’m super excited to get back in the grove.

I’ve set new goals and I’m really enjoying them. One of my goals is to have “school” with Aidan & Maya every day while Arabella is napping. We’ve done it for 3 days and they LOVE it! Every day we have a letter of the day where we watch starfall & sesame street video’s about the letter and then a coloring activity. I’m also trying to teach them the letter in sign language. So much fun!!!

Today they had a bath and then went to school in their undies:D

DSC_0717

DSC_0727DSC_0726

Arabella is just too much! She woke up early from her nap today so I took advantage of the opportunity to snap a few shot of her while Aidan & Maya were sleeping. Look at this little face. I don’t think it’s possible to get much cuter than this!

DSC_0751

Like I said, the crafting bug has bitten me and I’m getting the urge to make a few little things here and there. I saw a tutorial for this super cute headband and whipped a couple up for my girls and a friend.

DSC_0762

Do you love it? I LOVE IT! It is so cute and comfy and doesn’t slide off! Then I took a bazillion pics of Arabella just because she is GORGEOUS! This is my favorite one.

DSC_0761 

Good times. Lots of work and lots of fun…never a dull moment.

2 comments:

Monika said...

wow jess...where do you find the time!! love "school" that's an awesome idea! the head bands are super cute! cant wait until i have a girl!! love the pictures of arabella she's a natural! xoxox

Carbonneau said...

you are such a great mom Jess! and I love the headbands, where did you find the tutorial? etsy?

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed