July 6, 2012

4 days in…

I can hardly believe we are JUST 4 days in. I was trying to figure out why it feels like it’s been so much longer and I know why. Because it HAS been! I’m sort of feeling like an emotional mess right now. We left our Florida home, drove 2 days to get here and since that moment Rich has been unavailable. He studied like mad for the NAPLEX (which he passed!!!!!!) for 2 weeks, took the test on Saturday and left the very next day. Now, he’s been gone for 4 days but really he’s been gone for almost 3 weeks. I miss him.
The kids? The reality is that the kids are not behaving the way they normally do. Aidan prays every night that he can go to school tomorrow. He asked me the other day if he was ever going to see his Florida friends again. They miss daddy. They missed daddy when daddy was still here! They are acting out and that is making it hard on me.
Me? I’m pretty much feeling all dysfunctional. I feel like I haven’t really talked to Rich in a long time. His roommate is pretty obnoxious and tries to tell him when he can and can’t talk to me. When he does call me our conversations are a little awkward because his roommate doesn’t give him any privacy and even has the nerve to chime in when Rich is telling me about COT. So much is always left unsaid. Routine is hard to accomplish when every few days we pack up and go to visit the other grandparent.
Ok, that was me putting it all out there and telling it how it is. How whiney and ungrateful I must sound. I’m not. I recognize and am super grateful for our blessings. We’ve been able to spend a lot of time with cousins and get to know them better. We have definitely been making up for lost time. All 3 of my kids have fallen in love with their cousin Kayla. She spent a few days with them and they actually cried when she went home. So cute! Aidan has decided that Ethan is his favorite. All 3 of my kids are OBSESSED with the newest Baker grandbaby. My niece, Daisy, is now 2 weeks old and my kids want her to be theirs. Aidan told Julie (Daisy’s mommy) that Daisy is his baby! If baby is near, they are hovering around to get a chance to hold her.
So, all in all we are enjoying our time here with family. I had to complain a bit because it has been part of the experience. Gotta keep it real:) Family has been great, we will be so excited when Rich comes back and we can be together again without any tests looming over us. Until that day, which is faaaaaar off in the distance, I will suck it up and make the best of our homelessness. After all, it’s not as bad as I make it sound when I’m having a bad day;)

3 comments:

Heidi McLeod said...

I can't relate to the not having a husband thing, but I can relate to life after Florida being hard! I read your Aidan post too, and I feel like Greyson has changed too since we moved. He misses being around other kids all the time. Anyway, thanks for sharing. I felt discouraged today and now I feel not so alone. And that is so rude about your husband's roommate! Just had to say that. :)

Jess said...

I knew I was putting it out there for a reason other than sounding like a big baby! It IS hard on our kids which makes it hard on us. So looking forward to some stability.

Marianne said...

Looking forward to your return to the "stix" of Marshfield! Just think, you will have your own "mini vacation" in a few days! I'm preparing to have the kids and their nanny Kayla for a few days!!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed