July 6, 2012

The New Aidan

Ok, so the new Aidan isn’t much different from the old one but there are a few new little sayings and ATTITUDE that must be documented. Let me just start with this:
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
Guess who learned to use my iphone camera? I love it! I love finding random pictures that he takes. Such a little stud! I’m thinkin’ he will either be a musician or a photographer because he is always wanting to take pictures. Why a musician? Well, Aidan has always had really great rhythm. My in-laws neighbor bought him a little toy drum when he was a year old because of a drumming encounter they had one night, haha! Aidan ALWAYS hums while he eats. There is never complete silence at our dinner table, not only because of our 3 rowdy kids but also because Aidan will surely be humming a tune while enjoying his food:) Also, lately he is quite the song writer constantly making up songs with the words stinky, poopy, Maya, Arabella…he mostly does it to drive them crazy but his mind always seems to be preoccupied with music in one way or another.
His favorite thing to do when he decides he really likes somebody is to attach a number to how much he likes them. I thought I was the most awesome, special mom in the world the other day when he told me, “Mom, you are my best girl ever! I love you 20!” I really felt like, wow, he loves me 20! That is a big number to him so he must really, really love me! Then he said the same thing about his cousin…….anyway, he will always give a number for how much he likes someone. Where he got the idea? I don’t know but I like it.
He always tells daddy and I that he likes us and loves us. He’s actually been doing this for a while and now both Arabella and Maya do it too. They get upset if we don’t respond to both of these expressions of affection so you can imagine how old it gets telling each kid, “I like you too! I love you too!” Silly kids!
Oh what a sad few days it has been. Aidan has started talking back to me:( So. Not. Fun. It seems like just 3 short weeks ago he was so sweet and respectful and obedient and now suddenly he will tell me, “I am not going to do that!” What happened?!?! I really feel like this is just due to our homeless dysfunction right now, and his behavior will get back to normal once we have more of a routine and stability. We shall see.
Last but not least, he is so full of questions! Constant, random, obvious, unanswerable questions. My mother-in-law has saved my brain and nerves by telling me to do the obvious. Ask him to answer his own question by saying, “What do you think?” or “Why do you think?” Ummm, hello! Duh! Why didn’t I think of that! Sometimes this mom brain is just too much for me.
I LOVE BEING A MOM! As hard as it can be and for all the ups and downs, there is always a reward that surpasses any hardships that come along with the calling of being a mother. They are my daily motivation to be a better, more Christ-like person. There is no other responsibility more precious than my 3 little loves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed