July 2, 2012

He’s Gone:(

Rich left for Officer Training yesterday and I miss him already. I’m determined to keep myself busy during these next 5 weeks to keep me from missing him too much. Maybe I will finally regain control of my blog and get caught up! I’m excited to work on some sewing projects with my Sis-in-law, Julie, make baby headbands, more bowties for Aidan (I LOVE seeing him in a bowtie!) and just have fun with the kids!
It was so hard to say goodbye. I bawled, of course, which made Maya bawl. She’s so sweet and sensitive. Right before he left I took some pictures of him with each kid. My plan is to print one off for each of them and have it laminated so that whenever they miss him they can just look at their picture. Hopefully that will help because I know they are going to have a hard time.
DSC_8815
DSC_8816
DSC_8819
DSC_8820
DSC_8823
DSC_8829
They got to talk to him before he reported.
DSC_8832
DSC_8834
I’m gonna miss him so much but I’m so grateful that I have such an awesome family and in-laws to support me while he’s gone.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Being with family is so great during this time! It was still hard, but it made the load easier to bare being with my family! I know I'm not in Missouri, but you could come visit :) or just call too. Hope you guys are having fun in the country!

Jess said...

Yes, Amy you are so right. It is still hard even though I have all the support in the world, nothing replaces your hubby and your home. We will survive. Thank you so much for the offer! Hmmm...a visit would be fun...wouldn't it be awesome if I could get Julie to escape with baby Daisy for a little visit? When are you guys coming?

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed