October 9, 2012

Baking Baker’s

You know what I hate? Cooking. You know what I love? Baking:) I haven’t always know this about myself. Not until I became a momma and was faced with the daily, dragging chore of having to feed my family. When I saw this posted on Facebook, I laughed so hard because it describes how I feel to a tee:

Hahaha! I love it! So, I was saying, I discovered that I love baking when I found myself always signing up to bring dessert to church functions and always offering to bring dessert when invited to a friends house. I would sooooo rather whip up some delicious brownie marshmallow bars than cook anything.

I’ve always felt a little guilty when I would hear about mothers that would let their kids bake with them. I always thought to myself, “That would be a disaster with all 3 of mine!”. I felt like a bad mom. Not any more! Our new place has this awesome big, wide kitchen counter that the girls love to sit on and it has actually made baking with the kids SO. MUCH. FUN!

We’ve made brownies, muffins, tortillas, cupcakes, cupcakes and more cupcakes…

Making cupcakes for Maya’s preschool class on her b-day:

DSC_9822

DSC_9828  DSC_9829

DSC_9825 

DSC_9826

DSC_9835  DSC_9836

DSC_9839

Success!

DSC_9840

More baking:

DSC_9698

DSC_9740  DSC_9736

DSC_9893

I love that the kids love helping me bake. Now, if I could only get them to cook.

1 comments:

nbarnes2 said...

i dont know whats more beautiful, your pictures or your kids. i agree about cooking. the WORST!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed