October 2, 2012

Our Journey To Utah

While looking through my pictures I realized I never posted about our journey to Utah. I let Rich convince me that it would be a really fun drive to Utah if we took the scenic route and he was right! Instead of making the drive a 2 day drive, we made it a 3 day drive and I’m so glad we did.

Day one was long and boring. We drove through Missouri and Kansas and then arrived in Limon, Colorado that night.

IMG_0945 

Day two marked the beginning of the amazing scenic drive. Wow! I have never seen this side of the country look so beautiful! We drove through the Rocky Mountain national park which I didn’t know would be worthy of being on my bucket list. Pictures simply do not do it’s beauty justice.

DSC_9330 DSC_9342

DSC_9353

DSC_9364

DSC_9367

This is what they do when daddy wants to take a pic with them…

DSC_9371

This is what I get.

DSC_9374

We took a little detour to go to Leadville, CO where the elevation is 10,000 feet. Rich hopes to run in the Leadville 100 someday.

DSC_9398

DSC_9397

DSC_9400

Then, we continued on to more gorgeous Colorado sites!

DSC_9402

DSC_9410

DSC_9421

DSC_9423

DSC_9427

DSC_9432

DSC_9460

DSC_9478

Come day three the kids were ready to jump out of the window of our moving van. They actually handled it very well until the nausea started. Maya was so good and just hung out holding a plastic bag which she would puke into when needed.  Arabella caught me off guard when she started to vomit which set Maya off. We were driving through the coolest tunnel of the entire drive and I was glancing in my rearview mirror watching both my girls vomit! That was a moment.

While we enjoyed the drive and our many stops along the way, we were all so excited to arrive in Utah. That was our journey, the rest is another post;)

IMG_0955

IMG_0957

2 comments:

Melissa and Dave said...

I love the pictures! Do you know that military get free National Park Season Passes?? And they have these super cute passport books. I will have to show you ours.

Amy said...

Beautiful and gross at the same time with vomit! :) If we could pick any place to live Colorado is definitely in the top 3! It is so gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed