October 6, 2012

Finally…A Date

At last, a date! It has been a whole 3 months which is a loooong time when you have 3 little ones. ‘Crazy momma that is about to lose her mind if she doesn’t escape from these kids for a night’, was about to come out and it wasn’t gonna be pretty! I remember when we were newlyweds and every night was like date night. Oh, those days are long gone and have been replaced with the occasional getaway. In Florida, we had a sweet setup with a couple of great friends where we would do a babysitting swap. One night one of the couples would watch all of the kids while the 2 other couples went on a date and we would rotate every Friday night. We were getting 3 dates a month and it was free:)

As we’ve been getting more settled I’ve been itchin’ for a date! So, I called up my good friend, Tami, and proposed a babysitting swap! She was so excited an all in. She has 5 year old twins and a 2 year old. Our kids LOVE each other! She volunteered to babysit first so Rich and I got to have our 1st Utah date!

We ate at the coolest restaurant:

photo(14)

photo(15)

Everything was delicious but my favorite was the bread and honey. I’m noticing that Utah is all about honey. Everywhere you go they sell local honey. Mmmmm, so yummy!

photo(10)

The cool thing about this restaurant was the tables. Each one was like a covered wagon! I had our server take a pic and of course it was blurry:( Happens every time.

photo(11)

photo(12)

It was really quite romantic having our very own covered table with a dimming light. I really loved the atmosphere and can’t wait to take Rich’s parents there when they come out.

photo(13)

Leaving Prairie Schooners we ran into a couple of friends;)

photo(16)  photo(17)

Afterwards, we went to a movie, Taken 2. It was really good but I told Rich that the next movie we watch needs to be a chick flic because these intense movies are giving me more anxiety which I just don’t need! haha!

I checked my phone after the movie and had received a couple of pictures from Tami. Apparently, she had decided to make it a girls night out and took her daughter, Maya and Arabella out to dinner while the boys stayed home with dad and bbq’d burgers and hotdogs. She spoiled the girls rotten with chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!

image

It made me feel so good to know that the kids were in great hands having so much fun and being spoiled to pieces! Tami is so awesome!

After the movie we were planning on going out for ice cream…..until we walked outside. Holy freakin’ cold! I know that this winter is going to kill me, and it’s not even winter yet! So, change of plans. Ihop for some hot chocolate? Yes please!

photo(18)

photo(19)

Just looking at these pictures makes me so happy! We so enjoyed our date and were completely content and ready to go pick up our kids. As it turns out, the kids were not ready for us, though! The moment we walked in the door Maya started crying because she knew we were there to pick them up and didn’t want to go home. Aidan told me that I wasn’t supposed to pick him up until he woke up in the morning. Yeah, we were feeling the love.

I’m grateful for new, great friends, dates and loving kids;) Things are getting so good.

1 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh boy...this pioneer woman is ready to eat in a covered wagon...should I wear my p'neer dress and bonnet?? what fun...glad you are planning for our visit..we can't wait! You are adapting to Utah culture I see!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed