May 13, 2014

Sometimes I’m A Cool Mom!

Yes, it’s true. There are times in my life when I am actually a cool mom. It’s not as often as both my kids and I wish but when it happens I sure as heck am gonna blog about it! It was a Wednesday afternoon an by some miracle the house was clean, the kids were fed and Eva was napping. What is the logical thing to do when this happens? Make playdough so that I have pots to wash and  the girls can make a mess! Not sure what I was thinking but it was funSmile

photo 1-1  photo 3

photo 2  photo 4

A couple of weekends ago, Rich had a class he had to take for work in Vegas so the kids and I were on our own. This puts a lot of pressure on me because almost every single weekend since Eva came home, Rich has taken the older kids out to a movie, to eat or to the aquatic center. They were bummed that dad was gone and were making comments like, “Are we going to do something fun?” “It’s going to be a boring day because daddy is not here.” Feeling the pressure? Psh, yeah! Lucky for me, it was the first REALLY warm day that we had had in a long time. We all played outside a lot.

DSC_4833  DSC_4836

We had a water balloon fight and played water balloon games…

photo 1-2

photo 2-1

Then, the kids ran through the sprinkler! That night we had pizza and ice cream and watched a movie. I would call it a successful weekendSmile

 

Something of great significance happened that day too.

photo 1-3photo 2-2photo 3-1

This is a HUGE step for her! This is something that even her amazing therapist didn’t think she would do! I was giving her crushed up tiny little granules of graham cracker and I could see that she was getting frustrated so I thought to myself, what the heck! I handed her the whole cracker, fully prepared for her to bite off a chunk and throw up……DIDN’T HAPPEN! She downed that whole cracker, taking bites and working on it until it was dissolved then swallowing. Mike, her therapist, couldn’t believe it when I showed him these pictures. She has eaten whole graham crackers almost every day since!

photo 5

This was her today.

photo-6

We were all so happy and proud of her!

photo 4-1

Yes, we can survive an entire weekend without daddy and have a good time, even if we are homebound.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed