May 1, 2014

Aidan & Gorilla

Last Friday, when Aidan got home from school, I could hear him growling and Boston and Reese, his two friends that walk him home, laughing hysterically. He came in and started chasing his sisters around with this big gorilla. I asked him where he got it and he told me that he couldn’t find anything he liked in “treasure box” so Ms. Taylor asked him if he liked gorillas. He said yes so she pulled out this big gorilla. I just thought to myself, “Wow, they sure have stepped up treasure box!”

 

That weekend he had the gorilla sitting on the couch and I actually mistook it for Eva from behind because of the dark hair sticking up! This happened a couple of times! Monday came around and I got an e-mail from Ms. Taylor.

 

Hello! I have a strange favor to ask. Did Aidan make is home with a big gorilla on Friday? I hope so! Aidan was the last kiddo in class on Friday and couldn't find anything he wanted in the treasure box. I'm not sure what made me ask but, I asked him if he liked gorillas and he said yes. So, I gave him my gorilla. I've had that gorilla since I was about Aidan's age. My dad got it for me for my birthday one year and I loved that thing! I hope Aidan does, too. :) Anyway, here's the favor... Could you send me a picture of Aidan and my gorilla? Just to remember them both by. I'd appreciate it and keep it forever.

My hear melted! I could not believe that she gave Aidan something that she had for so long. It made it that much more special. Tonight I sent her these pictures.

DSC_4811

DSC_4808

I’ve been so proud of Aidan this year. We knew that 1st grade was going to be a struggle for him and actually went into it already decided that he would be repeating. He is the youngest in his class and we have heard from so many people that it is not uncommon for the youngest to struggle and that it’s best to hold them back a year. That was our plan, especially since he struggled at the beginning of the year and needed extra one on one help from Ms. Taylor during class. Now, he is a competitive reader and strives to read more and more words per minute every day. He doesn’t get any extra one on one help anymore and Ms. Taylor strongly recommends that he go ahead and move on to 2nd grade.

DSC_4820 DSC_4827

I’m so proud of him for the huge amount of progress that he has made. He has grown up so much this year and even though he still acts like a 6 year old and makes me crazy most days, he is still as sweet and loving as always…well, not really to Maya and Arabella but he ADORES Eva! haha! I love my boy!

DSC_4816

2 comments:

robbob said...

So cute!!!

Marianne said...

Love all your posts...somehow I missed these! Now that "summer" is almost here I will have time to keep up with my Utah grandkids! Your photos are wonderful...You really are a cool mom!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed