September 29, 2012

Accident Prone

My girls are so accident prone! It sucks! Maya, especially, is always getting hurt. The scary thing about it is that she gets hurt even when she’s not doing anything remotely dangerous! My poor girl just attracts pain:( A couple weeks ago we went to a friends house and while playing with their dog, an adult who will remain anonymous(not Rich), picked her up and put her on the dogs back. The dog obviously did not like that and snapped at her, scratching her cheek. There was no blood but it scared the daylights out of her, and me.
A few days ago, at the same friends home, we were enjoying a bbq with friends. Maya was sitting in the grass just playing and minding her own business when a little girl walked up to her and threw a lemon sized rock at her head! What the heck! My poor girl is just constantly being chased by physical harm. This past week, however, Maya was not the one getting bumps and bruises…it was Arabella.
Last Sunday we were all hanging out in the back yard. Arabella was on the deck rolling around on a little ride on toy and the rest of us were in the grass when we heard a big tumble. Arabella had rolled off of the deck and landed forehead first on the pavement. When I picked her up the bump on her head expanded super fast and she had a nasty cut on her finger. We freaked out, called a friend to take Aidan and Maya and headed to the ER. On our way there Arabella kept nodding off which was so scary. Thankfully, by the time we got into the room the bump had already gone down a lot and she was starting to act a lot more like herself.
Feeling and looking much better.
photo(5)
After a CAT scan we were cleared to go home and she was just fine after that. Nothing but a bad bump and cut.
DSC_0035
4 days later, the kids were watching cartoons while I made their lunch and when I called them over Arabella tripped and fell down our stairs. I screamed and ran down to get her and after a couple minutes of crying she was ok. Agh! I had forgotten to close the gate and will never do that again! So, my poor babies have about had it with injuries and I’ve about had it with the constant stress and worry! Here’s hoping next week is a safer one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed