September 11, 2012

Adjusting

Our Utah transition has been HARD. I’ve had to remind myself that it was my idea to rank Utah #1 on our list. Not that it’s not gorgeous here, because it is. It’s been all about attitude and missing Florida. I love these honest posts because they make me sound like such an ungrateful brat. I’m not, I promise! I see all of my blessings, it just takes me a while to step back and acknowledge them sometimes. I’m gonna lay it all out there:
What I Miss About Florida
*Palm trees & weather
*Davie ward (my church group)
*My friends
*Cultural diversity
*Zumba (freakin’ awesome in Florida!)
*My routine
*Living near everything
What I’ve Struggled With In Utah
*I’m the only brown person in my entire neighborhood, possibly in my entire community. We didn’t realize it when we moved here but we live in a “fancy” community and the only people of color you ever see out here are the landscapers! *Sad, sad face*
*We live in the country, 15 minutes from town, I both love it and don’t love it so much. Maybe I just need to get used to planning ahead but I miss living next to Publix. The past few days I’ve been feeling better about it, just an adjustment. (Booohooo, right!?!?) I guess that also includes my addiction, Target, oh and TJ Maxx…and Joann’s. Ok, I’m an addict! I like to shop!
*I still haven’t found a gym:( I SO miss my Zumba classes!!! Desperately need to find a gym that has awesome classes and isn’t an hour away!
*I started crying after like 2 days of living here and not having any friends. I just couldn’t understand why people weren’t knocking down my door asking to be my best friend? I mean, come on! Haha! I thought that maybe they thought I was the “help” seeing as I am the only Mexican out here. What a weirdo I am! Seriously though, they are all so fancy and perfect looking I just didn’t feel like I was going to fit in. Yeah, I was wrong! They are all so nice! Slowly but surely they are all coming around and bringing us cutely wrapped homemade bread and a warm smile:) I’ve made a couple of really great friends and I’m so excited to get to know the other’s better.
The first week I pretty much cried because I missed my Florida home. I still miss my Florida home like crazy and I will always miss my life there but Utah is slowly…slowly starting to grow on me. Being surrounded by the beautiful mountains is something I’m sure I’ll be missing when our time here is over. A new adventure has begun and I’ve gotta stop looking back so that I won’t miss out on all of the excitement that is to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed