September 2, 2012

Aidan’s Birthday Continued…

I felt so bad that we were in such a chaotic and difficult situation on Aidan’s birthday. We were in temporary housing and after 6 weeks of living out of a suitcase I was a massive disorganized mess both physically and mentally. As I mentioned before, I MUST HAVE ROUTINE TO FUNCTION. So, Aidan’s birthday was sadly thrown into the mess but we wanted to make it a special day for him anyways. Rich has the most amazing boss ever that has made it very clear how important family is to him. He basically told him that he needs to ask off of work for important family events so when Rich asked if he could get off an hour early for Aidan’s birthday, his boss gave him half the day off! Awesome huh! We took advantage of that time and took the kids to Chuckie Cheese’s. They love that place and were so excited! Maya still talks about it.
DSC_9606
DSC_9610
DSC_9614
DSC_9617
I didn’t take too many pictures cuz I was too busy spending the kids token. Hehe.
Then, thanks to Dairy Queen Aidan got the ice cream cake he requests every single year. Hey, it saves me from having to make any effort as far as a cake goes!
DSC_9622
Funny story, I thought it would be so funny to use the candles that relight. Aidan didn’t quite understand why the heck they wouldn’t go out and was basically hyperventilating trying to blow them out and then I realized that we are in a tiny little room with smoke alarms that when set off the base fire department actually responds! How do I know this? I’m too embarrassed to say. Let’s just say they had been summoned to our place a couple of days earlier. Yeah, so anyway, our place was filling up with smoke when I remembered our previous incident and quickly pulled the candles out of the cake, threw them in the sink and screamed for Rich to fan the alarms while I ran around like a crazy woman opening every window. Relighting birthday candles, not such a good idea after all. Also, the oreos on top of the cake tasted burnt because of those darn candles. Good move mom!
All in all Aidan’s birthday was fun for him. I want to throw him a really party on Maya’s birthday since they actually have friends out here now. But as far as presents go, we couldn’t wait until Maya’s birthday to give him is “big” present.
DSC_9649
DSC_9650
DSC_9651
DSC_9652
DSC_9653
DSC_9655
DSC_9656
I think he likes it;)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Will's birthday has been the same way for the past couple of years...don't worry I don't think they will remember. Aidan's expression of seeing his bike is priceless! Happy Birthday Aidan!!!

Marianne said...

What great clear photos! I felt like I was on the porch watching! Priceless facial expression on Aidan! Boy does he look happy! Looks like a fun birthday and you can never go wrong at Chuck E Cheese!

Jess said...

Just goes to show how many times I've been there! I don't even know how to spell it, hahaha! I've been there twice in my whole life. I'm sure now that they are older we will be regulars:)

Medical Student said...

Captain Baker! and Jess! I about died laughing reading about the candles.

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed