April 29, 2014

The BIG Date!

Finally, FINALLY, Rich and I got to go on a date! Somehow, the stars aligned and I was able to get a nurse and a sitter on Friday night. We hadn’t been on a date since Eva was born for obvious reasons. Well, on Thursday morning our nurse, Erica, texted me and asked how I would like it if she came in at 5:30 on Friday so that Rich and I could go on a date? …….Um, YES!!! Their normal shift is from 11pm-7am so she really was adjusting her schedule to make this date possible. I decided right then and there that I was going to make this a huge surprise for Rich.

 

I called Rich to see if he had anywhere he had to be after work on Friday because I needed to “run some errands” after he got home. He said he didn’t so the planning of the date was on! I texted my friend, Jeni,, and got her daughter, Aileen, confirmed to babysit. During Rich’s lunch break on Friday, I told him we should try going out to eat at a nice restaurant as a family since Eva was doing so well, and asked him where he would like to go. He said Olive Garden. Then I told him that maybe we should go all out and try going to a movie and asked him which movie he would like to go to and he said he really wanted to watch Captain America. By the way, going to a sit down restaurant and then a movie with Eva and the older kids would not be enjoyable in the least! I would end up out in the hallway suctioning during the whole movie. I don’t know why he thought I was serious but I’ll give my incredible lying skills the credit for that one. So, I told him I would think about the restaurant and movie and let him know if I felt up to it. After he went back to work I immediately made our reservations at Olive Garden and bought tickets to the showing of Captain America at the awesome new theater close to our house. Everything was falling into place!

 

At 5:00 I texted Rich and told him that Eva was not feeling well so going to dinner and a movie was out. He was fine with that. At 5:30 Aileen got here, just a few seconds before Rich. I explained to him that she was just hanging out while my friend ran an errand with her son. P.S. I was all dressed up which would have been a dead giveaway because, let’s be honest, I’m usually in my pj’s. So, I put a sweatshirt on over my clothes and it was a warm day. Rich didn’t notice. We were just waiting on Erica. She walked in the door and Rich just looked at her like, what in the heck are you doing here so early? I played dumb and said, “Hey! What are you doing here?” Rich was SO confused! Then I jumped up and said to Rich, “Go change because we are going on a date!!!” It took him a second to get what I was saying but once he did he was so excited! Ahhh, that was the best I’ve ever gotten him with a surprise. We drove away, in shock that we were all alone and we were both beaming! We were laughing so hard about what a good liar I was and how I managed to trick him and how exciting it was that we were going on a date!

 

We got to Olive Garden just in time for our 6:00 reservation. We got a salad and breadsticks, the cheese fondue appetizer and we each order an entrée which were both delicious.

photo 4

We were about done eating and starting to feel so full when Rich spotted A HAIR in his food! Ewwww! We called over our server and she got the manager. They apologized and told us that his meal would be taken care of. They offered to bring him another but since he was just about finished eating anyway he didn’t take them up on it. Instead, he asked me if I would dish some of mine up on a plate for him. I scooped up a piece of chicken and then some noodles and when I put the noodles on the plate what do you think I found??? ANOTHER HAIR!!! We could NOT believe that we had both found a hair in our food! I was actually embarrassed and didn’t want to tell our server because I thought she would think that we were planting it. We told her anyways and she was beyond embarrassed! She told the manager and they ended up covering our bill. What were the chances of both of us finding hair in our food? So gross!

photo 5

Next stop, the movie theater! It was newly renovated and I don’t think we will go anywhere else after sitting in that theater!

photo 3-1

photo 2-2

photo 1-1

The movie was awesome. Our time together was awesome. Even though our food was hairy, it was such a memorable date! The exciting news is that both our nurse and the sitter have offered to watch the kiddos bi-weekly! A date every other week for us it is!!!

2 comments:

Chelsey ECS said...

Fun! We have a AMC theatre down here that looks like that. I love the big chairs and the space between people. That being said, Morgan and I thought it was a little awkward the first time we were there because the chairs recline so much that everyone is pretty much laying down… not too far from complete strangers lol :)

robbob said...

The photo bomber in the theatre pic is my favorite!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed