April 19, 2012

30

I am 30 years old. Wow, time sure does fly! I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about turning 30 but I have to confess, I quite like it! Everybody wants to stay in their 20’s forever and not grow old but a friend of mine wrote something to me on my facebook that has forever changed my attitude about aging. She said that when she turned 30 she was so depressed about it until a good friend of hers found out she had cancer…at 30! She said that from that point forward she would ALWAYS be grateful for every year of life. That just really struck a cord with me. I am absolutely grateful that I am now 30 years old  and that I’ve enjoyed 29 years of life. I look at my little family and think, how could I ever be sad about aging. It would just be ungrateful.
Ok, now on to the good stuff. I had THE most amazing birthday. How did I get so lucky to hit the jackpot with this man of mine? He made me feel like a queen! I got to sleep in and then when I did finally wake up I was treated to my favorite, french toast and fresh cantaloupe juice. Yum!
image image
Then, he sent me off to take a shower and told me to shave (it’s a sad day when your husband has to ask you to shave). So we all piled into the car and I was so excited to find out what kind of adventures he had planned for us on my birthday.
Here is a video I took during the drive to the unknown destination. It cut off at the end. Lame. Also, video taken on my Iphone. I didn’t know you are supposed to turn it sideways so it’s all scrunched. Oh well.
He drove in a direction I wasn’t expecting and then stopped and told me to get out of the car and have a nice day. Huh? I looked out the window and realized we were in front of the SPA!!!! I had never been to a spa before. I could not even believe it! He said he would be back to get me later on in the day. O…K…
I walked in and told them my name and the lady said, “Oh yes! Your husband has everything planned and paid for you. He was so excited when he called in. You will be spending a few hours with us, you will be getting a massage, facial, lunch and finish off with a manicure and pedicure. I hope you enjoy your stay.”
SWEET!!!!!!!!!
I was pampered and fed. What more does a girl need? After 5 hours at the spa I did a little shopping at TJ Maxx and then Rich picked me up. We headed home and talked about what we should do the rest of the day. We decided we would all go out to eat and then go home and watch a movie. Sounded good to me! We got home and were cuddling on the couch when there was a knock at the door. Rich acted all shocked and said, “Who could that be?”. It was Lucy!!! Oh my gosh, are you kidding me!?!? She was there to babysit the kids while we went on a date. I felt pretty special:)
Rich and I went to eat at the yummy french place we had gone to with our friends and then watched Mirror Mirror. It was a perfect day.
I love Rich. He makes me feel special and appreciated. I told him that I felt guilty, like it was all too much. You know what he said? He said that I deserved it because I work so hard and do so much for him and the kids. Best husband ever? Best birthday ever? Yes and yes.
I AM THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun day! First of all Ryan would have killed me for posting a video of him singing happy birthday, second of all I love Aidan saying mommy its Chick chil a:) and third of all, so jealous of your spa day! Happy 30!

La_ska said...

Amazing birthday! Lucky you!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed