May 6, 2012

Coming To The Realization

The reality of our impending move is starting to set in. I’m sad then I’m happy then I’m completely torn! Gonna be totally honest, today I’m happy. Maybe I’m just the type of person that needs change? If so, military life is going to be perfect for me! Not too sure about that one, I’m still trying to figure it out. After living in the same house for a few years I start to feel anxious, annoyed and frustrated. Of course, that could be because we are a family of 5, stuffed into a 2 bedroom condo. Hmmm….
Today I’m happy because I’ve been dreaming about living in a house that we actually fit in, with a yard and storage space. Will a bigger house be harder to keep clean or will it be easier because I have more space to be organized? I dream about sending the kids out to play in our fenced in back yard and then going in to bake cookies or something *sigh* :)
Sunday I was sad. I was sad because I was thinking about all of my INCREDIBLE friends. I can honestly say that I have never been in such an amazing ward, ever! I love and feel loved by so many of the local members that it really makes it hard to leave them. I think that for the most part the students have grown attached to the students and since they are all leaving around the same time it would probably make it a little easier to leave. For me it is the opposite. While I have student friends my besties are locals. I’m leaving but they are staying and I’m going to miss them so much.
I’m nervous. What is it going to be like living in Utah? Serving there as a missionary on Temple Square was a AMAZING! I was there for 18 months and yet I feel like I don’t know a single thing about actually living in Utah. What are the people like? Once again, if I’m being completely honest, I’ve never really meshed with “Utah Mormon” girls. Is that a horrible thing to say??? Oh well, it’s true. Could it just have been the ones I’ve met? I guess I’ll find out! If there is anything I’ve learned in life it’s that there are good people everywhere.
Before we found out where we were going to be stationed, Rich and I talked about having a positive attitude about where ever we ended up. I knew that Heavenly Father had a hand in our future. I knew then and I know now that at this very moment he is preparing people to be a part of our lives. It’s so exciting to think about. I know that the people I’ve met here in Florida needed us just like we needed them. My sweet friend, Lucy, told me on Sunday that before we moved here she had been feeling so lonely. She told me that she would pray for a good friend, somebody to spend time with…….and then we moved in. Lucy has been, hands down, my best friend out here. She was there from the very beginning and made our burdens light. I love that girl and don’t know what I’m gonna do without her:(
I look forward to new experiences, especially after our Florida experience. Had we not been adventurous and gotten out of Missouri, we wouldn’t be who we are today. How will Utah help us grow? We shall see!

1 comments:

Amy said...

A lot of your feelings were a lot like mine when we left Kansas City, except all my closest friends were leaving. I still have a hard time missing my friends, but you do make new ones-not to replace the old ones but to add to your friend ciricle. It is such a roller coaster moving for so many reasons. I feel like each place we have lived has helped us grow and be better people. If we had never had those experiences to all these different places, we would probably be so different and not as great as we are today-just kidding! :) I hope it is an easy transition for you. And how many days till graduation??!!! So exciting!!!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed