January 17, 2008

Good news...bad news

I'll start with the good news. I think it is so crazy how fast Aidan is growing. Today he woke up and he was a big boy. It happened over night! A couple of times last night I woke up to him fussing a little. When I got up to check on him he was on his belly. Now anytime I put him on his back when I turn around he rolls onto his belly. Then when I put him on his belly for tummy time he rolled over to his back. I can't believe I was worried that he wasn't developing normally. He is so much fun.
Now the not so good news. Today we had an appointment with Dr. Allphin, his trach doctor. Dr. Allphin came in the room with a big smile on his face and said "I am very optimistic that Aidan is going to get his trach out in the Spring." That made me so happy. Then he took a scope and put it down his throat and his expression changed. He said that his vocal cords are not moving as much as he had hoped that they would. It looks like the left vocal cord isn't really moving at all. He said that we need to give him more time to heal and hopefully in a few months he will be better. His next appointment is in April. I am going to be praying like crazy that at his next appointment he is healed and can get his trach out. I love him and will be happy and grateful no matter what happens. I thank my Heavenly Father for sending him to me and giving me the blessing of taking care of him. I was thinking about the love that I have for him and I was trying to describe it to Rich. It is so intense that there aren't words to describe it. I love being a mommy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Marianne said...

I am so glad you are keeping us posted on the daily activities of Aidan..he is so special to us.He is in our prayers...what a cute picture of him!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed