January 23, 2008

Tim Tam Slams!!

Yum, Yum, Yum! Tonight Rich and I treated ourselves to the most delicious treat in Australia. So sad we don't have these scrumptious cookies here in the states:( I was first introduced to Tim Tams on my mission. My first companion, Sister Jungfleish, was from Australia and she told me about them. A few months later I had a roommate from New Zealand and she taught me how to do a Tim Tam slam. Ok so it's like these 2 cookies with a layer of silky smooth chocolate between them and then the whole thing is dipped in chocolate. What you do is you bite off both ends of the cookie and then you put one end in hot chocolate and suck on the other end. In Australia they use "Milo" but we don't have that here. I hear it's a
million times better than hot chocolate. So you are sucking on the end of it and the hot chocolate melts the inside of it and the goal is to catch the whole thing in your mouth before it all falls into the hot chocolate. Wow what an experience! Thank you Amy!! My sister-in-law just got back from Samoa and bought me 2 packs of Tim Tams. She is awesome!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

sounds so good! where is that when i don't want anything but chocolate! too bad i'm not from australia or i'd be like 300 pounds!

Dean and Carly said...

hello, congrats on your news my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a while and now its finally happened so we are really excited...so you will have quite the little family soon. good job.

Dean and Carly said...

i would like it if i was your friend..i will add you too

Unknown said...

DUDE my husbands best friend just found them up here in Canada and showed us a Tim Tam slam like a day ago!! Thats crazy that you have them on here hahahaha its good times!!!

Lacey said...

I remember the good old days of tim tam slam parties at 9 pm before we had to run back to our rooms by 9:30! It sounds so good...you're making me hungry!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed