April 23, 2011

Adjusting in a good way

image

Since the trach:

Life is AMAZING!!!!! It has taken some adjusting but in a really good way. Getting out of the house is sooooo much easier. Even if I was just going out for a few minutes I had to suction Arabella, put a cap on her trach, make sure the suction was stocked with catheters and then haul it around. Now, I just go!

Bedtime was a process. I had to do her trach care (cleaning under and around her trach), suction with saline and then I could get her to bed. Then, if she cried I would have to go back and suction her again. After she fell asleep I would go in and put an HME(artificial nose) on her trach. Now, I just enjoy our few moments before bed and then put her down.

She is the most talkative in the morning. She wakes up and  just goes on and on about who knows what. It’s so cute to hear how much she has to say in the morning.

I am in heaven! Life is so much easier in so many small ways. I’m super happy with the way everything happened. Arabella didn’t have to endure being put under anesthesia several times. Hopefully she won’t have to have surgery to close up the stoma. Only time will tell.

Lovin’ it! I am lovin’ life without a trach!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed