April 1, 2011

The Rut

P1040769

(I’m so sorry we didn’t let you climb through the “Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Spider Web” for the 57th time. We really needed to go. But, I know EXACTLY how you feel.)

Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a rut? I am. I am stuck in a junk food, no exercise, always tired and yes, even a bit of depression rut. I think that maybe it comes with the territory of being a stay at home mom. There are times when I feel on top of the world because I’m running and eating healthy and being the worlds best mom…not lately.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. When Sesame Street came on the title was “Grouch Mothers Day”.  It was all about Oscar the Grouch’s grouchy mother aka me. I got the kids down for their nap and went on a run. I’m going to eat a super yummy and healthy dinner. I’m going to go swimming with the kids when they wake up.  It’s time. Time to get out of this rut.

2 comments:

M. said...

you can still be in a rut w/o being a stay at home mom. I think it comes when I feel i'm not changing, there is no progress. So, i look to see if I'm just being ungrateful, or what i need to change. Life, it just sucks sometimes. But you know it gets better! ;) xx

Jess said...

So very true, Mel. Lack of change, exercise, loneliness when my husband is studying a lot...all things that make me feel like crap. A lot of it has to do with attitude and gratitude so I'm working on that:)

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed