April 7, 2011

Happy 16 months to me!

16 months ago today I was given a special gift. Arabella:) I was just thinking the other day that I haven’t written the details of her birth. I will definitely be posting that soon before the details start to fade. It was one of two of the single most scary moments in both mine and Rich’s lives. When we talk or even just think about it, we shudder. We also love to ponder on the true miracle that her life is. I have on occasion let my mind wander and try to imagine what life would have been like had we not been blessed to have her with us. I can’t imagine not feeling the joy that her sweet giggles and kisses and smile bring into my life. She is a gift sent from heaven.

DSC_1330

(She put the headband on all by herself and wore it most of the day)

Arabella at 16 months is sweet and feisty. Is it possible to be both? Well, she is. She knows what she wants and she demands it…NOW! Yet, she is so very affectionate and has an INCREDIBLE smile.

Arabella, at 16 months you are:

*Extremely picky eater. You love cheese more than anything. Yogurt, fruit, milk…hmmm…yep, that’s about it!

*Still crawling. Am I allowed to make a request? Pleeeeeeeease start walking soon! The therapist said at her last visit that the ball is in your court. We have strengthened your muscles and developed balance and stability through special exercises. There is nothing left for us to do so will you please start walking?!?!

*Your 2 favorite words are Nemo and Elmo. The only way I can tell which one you are saying is by looking where you are pointing. You try to say everything you hear but you have mastered mommy, daddy, night night, bell (tinkerbell), nose, eye, mouth, doggie, ball. That’s all I can think of right now.

*You love to play with Aidan & Maya but you are also quite independent and great at entertaining yourself. Anything that they do, you try to do. So cute to watch you try to be a big girl.

*Your favorite thing to watch is Elmo’s World but you will watch pretty much anything with Aidan & Maya.

*You love playing on my bed during and after every time I suction your trach. You laugh hysterically while trying to get away from me. Cute but sometimes annoying.

*You weigh a whole 19 lbs!!! Yes! You’ve been stuck at 17 lbs for ever and finally reached 19 lbs last week. You are still in size 2 diapers. Such a little bum!

DSC_1641

(Chillin’ in the chair daddy got you to match Aidan & Maya’s. You LOVE it!)

You are a joy, a blessing, and a treasure. Thanks for being mine.

1 comments:

Keesha n David Brown said...

Jess, you have inspired me! This is such a great idea to have a list of things they do at specific times in their lives. You're awesome!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed