May 16, 2011

Grandma Daisy

I have been putting off making this post because it gets me choked up thinking about it. A few days ago an MRI exposed a large tumor in Rich’s Grandma Daisy’s brain. The doctor gave her 2 weeks. I get choked up because I know how loved she is and what a big heart she has and how much she is going to be missed. She is going to be so missed by all of her kids, great-grandkids, grandkids(& spouses).

P1000878

I am grateful that the last 2 times that we visited with her were the 2 times that I felt a stronger bond with her. I can’t pretend that I know her the best because I came into the Baker family 5 years ago and have lived in Florida for most of those 5 years but I can say that she has always been kind and welcomed me and my crazy kids into her home. She even let my kids eat her cookies:)

I know that Rich loves her very much. Every time we go to Missouri he makes it a point to set aside time to drive out to her house on Daisy lane;) to visit with her. Those 2 can chat it up, I’ll tell you what! They talk about politics, aliens, books and just all kinds of stuff while I chase the kids around and make sure they don’t destroy her house.

P1000879

Grandma Daisy, I only wish I could have known you longer. I admire your strength and sense of humor. You are special and irreplaceable. What a legacy you will be leaving behind. We love you so very much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed