May 23, 2011

While Daddy Was Gone~

What did we do while Daddy was gone? We definitely didn’t do what I had planned! I was in the most positive mindset when he left. I had all of these grand plans of hanging out with friends and taking the kids to the splash pad and even finishing my alphabet project that I’ve been working on for the kids. I didn’t hang out with a single friend, except for today I walked to Publix with America. I didn’t take the kids ANYWHERE! And I didn’t even touch my alphabet project:( I wasn’t excited that Rich was leaving but I was going to make the very best of it. Didn’t quite work out as planned but you know, we did all right. I am feeling a million times better.

Rich gets home tomorrow night!!!!! I can’t wait! I’m already dreaming of all of the fun we are going to have, like leaving the house…yeah, that’s pretty much what I’m most looking forward to. Just kidding! We are gonna do something fun before he starts his rotation. Maybe Sanibel Island? I hope. Please!

Anyway, after my grouchy negative, depressing previous post I just needed to say that all is well in the Baker home. Those days happen and thank goodness they pass. Today was a great day. After feeding the kids breakfast I slept on the couch while the kids fended for themselves and finally started to feel better around 10:30. I hopped up and the rest of the day was awesome.

I had the most fun dance party with the kids while dinner was in the oven. Aidan was seriously workin’ it! Even little Miss. Arabella was shakin’ her little booty! Aidan’s new favorite song is “Shake your sillies out” by Andy Mason. Crazy kid got down I tell ya!  They made me smile and reminded me of a video from about a year ago. Definitely worthy of a repost:D

I can’t believe how fast my baby boy is growing up:(

So anyway, wish I could have video’d today’s dance party but sometimes it’s just nice to be in the moment.

A few random pics from the week:

Popsicles

DSC_3022

DSC_3034

DSC_3016

Sharing

DSC_3078

DSC_3080

Naughty girl pulling on blinds

DSC_3095DSC_3099

Top left pic: “Mommy, please brush my hair!”

Stacking:D

DSC_3113

These are the alphabet letters I’ve been working on. I started by just doing Aidan’s name as a fun way for him to learn to spell his name. Aidan & Maya loved them and fought over these 5 little letters so much that I endeavored to make the entire alphabet. I’m almost done!

DSC_2928

DSC_2937

1 more day ‘til Rich gets home!!!!!!

4 comments:

Irene said...

¡Me encantan las letras! And your children are really cute. You take wonderful pictures! Besos.

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

arabella's hair is SO LONG!!! wow! and i love that craft you did with aidan's name - so cute & clever. great idea - i think i'll copy you :D

Elise Mongillo said...

Your letters look AMAZING they are better than the orig blog! You are seriously inspirational!

Monika said...

how fun! love those letters...might have to steal the from ya...bwahha...jess u rock =)

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed