May 30, 2011

Oh Life…

Ya know, life is so fun, challenging, exciting and frustrating at times. Life is so many things all rolled into one. Lately, I’ve been facing a bit of a challenge in my life. For the past few months I’ve been struggling to find energy and motivation to do the things that I need to do as a wife and mother. I can feel that there is something off with me, I just don’t know what. I finally had a chance to go to the doctor for a physical and blood work and after talking to the doctor and explaining my symptoms he gave me a diagnosis………….depression.

Now, we are still going to wait on the results of the blood tests to rule out anything else but he really felt that it is depression. I believe it. Its not like I have a horrible life and I’m so unhappy with my situation because it’s not even close to being that. I have the most awesome kids and husband I can’t even imagine it being any better. I honestly think that my hormones are just a little jacked up from the stress of having my kids so close and the enormous stress that it was dealing with their conditions. I really tried to put on a brave face and even made it a goal to make it all look easy but it hasn’t been. No, this is NOT a pitty party. It’s just me trying to figure out why I’m having these symptoms and what I’m going to do about it. The doctor gave me a prescription but I just can’t bring myself to medicate myself for it. I just feel like maybe there is something I can do to fix it naturally.

I just want to not be tired ALL OF THE TIME! Guess I’ll find out if it’s something else in a couple of weeks. What a depressing post…I’ll probably delete it later:)

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh Jess, I understand where you are coming from! I've been on depression medicine a time or two before. The last time I needed it was when I had surgery to have my ovary removed. The best I can figure out is that I basically went through a form of postpartum depression. I only had to be on meds for 6 weeks that time. Before that? I was on medication for almost 2 years.

I know that you want to do things naturally, but sometimes your body does need the extra chemical boost to get you back onto an even keel. Good luck, and feel free to call me anytime!

Carbonneau said...

smile Jess! I can understand the being tired thing, it isn't easy to run around with the kids and be happy while they are obviously not happy all the time!
You always have such a positive outlook on your blog, I never would have guessed you were having a hard time. But that's okay! sometimes we need help from others. I have recently found a friend who likes to cook new things with me. Once a week we spend most the day trying to cook something new (we make enough to eat at lunch with the kids and take home for a few future meals). It has really gotten me more excited about making dinner for my family. I needed help, and I am grateful my friend was there.
Another time I really was down about chores. I found an article on wwww.powerofmoms.com about why we do housework. it got me to try something new, and it lasted for a bit :/ if you ever need someone to chat with, you can always call me!
don't feel like you are less of a person/mom if you have to take a medication. I am always open for other ideas, but it doesn't mean you are a failure. you are still amazing! love you!

Jess said...

Jeanne & Kati~
Thank you awesome ladies!

Monika said...

Love you Jess! I'm sure there are tons of us at times in our lives have gone through this....and dont even know it! You are amazing!! Your a step closer to what feelin' the real you! See you soon cutie!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed