June 20, 2011

Just like Jake

Aidan has a new hero, besides daddy of course. Lately he has been obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He wants to be just like Jake! He has been asking me for a treasure chest the past few days and so finally, today I emptied my little jewelry box and gave it to him. I wish I would have gotten his reaction on video because it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. He was beaming and was soooo excited to have his very own treasure chest! I pulled out his pirate halloween costume from last year and he was the happiest kid on earth.

DSC_3404

I whipped up a red “pirate bandana” just like Jakes and I’m pretty sure it was the quickest, easiest and most rewarding thing I’ve ever made. Seriously, he LOVES it!

DSC_3410

The very 1st thing he asked me was, “Mommy can I have gold doubloon’s?” Of course! How could I forget? Now, Jake doesn’t just get gold doubloon’s for nothing, he has to earn them. I gave him a job, he did it and so I gave him a gold doubloon (quarter) to put in his treasure chest. He was so helpful this morning, cleaning up all of his toys to earn more gold doubloon’s. This is gonna get expensive.

DSC_3424

I guess there is an episode where Jake has a necklace in his treasure chest? I haven’t seen it but Aidan kept asking me for a necklace to put in his treasure chest. Yay! Finally, my dream came true! I don’t know why I’ve always wanted my kids to love stringing stuff like cheerios, fruit loops, beads…they’ve just never really been interested. Instead they would eat the goodies and they’ve never been interested in beading:( This time was different. Both Aidan & Maya were so excited to make a necklace to put in their treasure chest. They didn’t want to wear it, they just wanted to put it in their treasure chest.

DSC_3463

DSC_3454

I think this is my favorite obsession of theirs to date because there is so much we can do with it! Love my little pirates!

6 comments:

Heidi McLeod said...

oh my gosh so cute!!! greyson's jaw would drop to the floor in excitement if he saw aidan dressed up like that. he is obsessed with that show too! alex made him a red pirate "jake" hat with hair sticking out and a paper pirate sword! we have this huge lego pirate ship aidan should come play with!

ps i ordered those iron pills- great reviews! :)

America said...

That's adorable!!!

krissiecook said...

He looks kinda like Jake, too. I'm mostly impressed that you've turned it into not just a list of items he wants but projects and tasks and things to really keep him busy. You're a genius.

Alisha said...

Amy & I were talking about ya'll last night so I am just getting caught up. Your kids are SO SO adorable & getting so big! And I wanted to commend you on how you're handling your depression. I started having anxiety attacks last November & exercise & adequate sleep have them totally under control. I just joined 24 hour fitness too!

Carbonneau said...

I love what you have decided to do to embellish on his love of that show! My kids like the show too, Brelee will say, "Izzy, ahoy! Jake, ahoy! scully, ahoy!" at random times. My kids love treasure maps, so that is the one thing we have done, but I love your ideas! keep them coming :)

Jess said...

Treasure map!?!? You are a genius!!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed