September 23, 2011

Deep Thoughts, By Rich Baker

Today, as we were driving to Bed Bath & Beyond to buy a drink dispenser for Maya’s party tomorrow, Rich said something deep. Funny thing is he totally didn’t mean it in a deep way but I guess I’m just one of those deep thinkers that reads into everything. It was a gorgeous day and all of a sudden, like Florida weather tends to do, it looked like a storm was coming in. I said, “Wow, all of a sudden in got gloomy and cloudy!" And Rich, in all of his wisdom said, “Yeah, but look beyond it. It’s beautiful.”

I don’t know why this struck me the way it did. It just got me thinking-not that I’m going through anything right now. I started thinking about how true that is. When we are in the midst of “clouds & gloominess” it’s so hard to see that beyond it, it is bright and beautiful. It’s even more beautiful that it was before because we see the world through with a heart filled with gratitude. At least I know that this has been so true for me. The “gloom” makes me SO grateful for the “sunshine”. The difficult part is seeing it while in the midst of a trial. I hope that I can have more faith and look beyond my struggles to the bright sunshine that awaits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed