September 24, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Maya!!!

Maya’s birthday was on the 22nd but we decided we would keep that a secret from her and celebrate it on Saturday the 24th! She doesn’t know the difference, right? :) We did basically the same thing we did for Aidan’s birthday party, we invited her close friends for some lunch, cupcakes (per Maya’s request), and a great time! For lunch we order pizza.

imageimage

Even though all of her friends were sitting at the kids tables, Maya did not want to let the cupcakes out of her sight! She was so excited to have a cupcake. She kept asking me if we could sing “happy birthday” to her so that she could have one already.

image

Can you tell me what’s wrong with these pictures?

image

imageimageimage

I was going crazy, taking tons of pictures before we lit the candle when my friend, Holly, says to me, “Why is there a 2 on her cupcake?” Ummmmm…because mommy is losing her mind!!! Don’t know why I put a 2 on there instead of a 3. I’ll blame it on the lack of sleep.

Problem solved:D

imageimage

Dreams really do come true…

image

Let me explain the next part of the party. I’ve always though the idea of a “Candy Bar” at a kids birthday party would be so cool. I imagined in my mind how exciting it would be for all of the little kids to be able to choose from a wide variety, any candy they wanted. I finally decided that it was time to make it happen. I found some little tins at Target and asked my friend, Lucy to print out the kids names on vinyl for me and voila!

image

imageimage

And the “Candy Bar”

image

 imageimageimage

The kids got to go find the tin with their name on it and fill it up!

imageimageimage

I don’t know why but when I get an idea in my head of something that would be cool to do, I HAVE to do it! Even if it means a lot of work for me. So, I saw a tutorial of how to make cute little crochet bows and I thought, “That would be a super cute party favor!” So, I got to work.

image  DSC_5413

image

I made them in tons of different colors and every little girl went home with 3.

image

It was fun, special and memorable. Happy Birthday to my 3 year old big girl, Maya!!!!

3 comments:

Jenessa said...

Love the 'Candy Bar' and your cute bows! Such a fun party...bet the birthday girl loved it!:)

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

SO CUTE!!! i love those crocheted bows! i'm glad maya got a 3 instead of a 2 on those cute cupcakes. ps i'm sad i wasn't invited - especially when i saw that candy bar!!! lol :) glad she had a fun day.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness could you be any more crafty and a little less like an amazing mom?! What fun ideas! What a beautiful 3 year old Maya is!!! Happy birthday!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed