October 2, 2011

General Conference Weekend

This is one of my favorite times of year. I love the feeling of fall. It makes me feel all cozy and warm inside and for some reason always gets me thinking about where I’ve been, where I am and where I want to be. This weekend has been a particularly special one because of General Conference. Every time I see Temple Square I get a little choked up. It will always hold a special place in my heart because of the experiences I had, the people I met, the relationships I developed and the spirit that I felt every single day I was there during my mission.

image

Today, I thought about the conferences I spent working 15 hour days contacting the thousands of people that had all joined to hear the voice of the living prophet. What an experience of a lifetime and a privilege to serve on such sacred grounds.

image 

Today, I thought about the General Conference that I spent in this room. 4 years ago today, was Aidan’s last night in the NICU. After 6 loooooong weeks we were finally going to get to take him home. In this NICU they would set you up in a room across the hall from the NICU where you would spend the night caring for your baby. I was so nervous because it would be the 1st time he would be 100% in my care. I had to do all of his trach suctioning, the g-tube feeding and give him all of his medications.

image

It was scary but exciting at the same time because I knew that I was going to bring him home the next day. While I was bummed that I didn’t get to watch General Conference, I was thankful for the blessings of the day. That weekend, 4 years ago, always comes to mind during this General Conference weekend.

image

Today, this was the scene at my house. I loved it. I don’t think I could have ever imagined this 7 years ago as a missionary on Temple Square. Today was just another special memory I can associate with such a special time of year.

image

I’m so grateful for a living prophet and the messages that are shared each General Conference. They motivate and encourage me to be a better mother, wife and friend. The experiences and trials I’ve had have made me who I am today and for that I am grateful and hope to continue growing and learning. Go to THIS website and listen to General Conference. It will make you happy. I promise.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed