November 8, 2008

5 MORE DAYS!!!

Only 5 more days until Aidan's surgery. So Aidan also has a feeding tube that he no longer uses and will very soon be getting out as well. This is another thing I am very excited about. In the picture if you look closely you can see the button of the feeding tube that is in his stomach. Well, from the very beginning we had problems with it. The button would always pop open and thus he would lose his lunch. Everything in his stomach would pour out! This was such a frustration for me because the feeding process from beginning to end took about an hour and a half. To make a long story short, the doctor told us that this was a common problem and there was nothing they could do about it (grrr...I won't even go there). So for the past 15 months we have been taping it shut. I am soooo excited to not have to hold him down every day to change the tape on his button.

I was shocked when I was looking through my pictures and only found 1 picture of us feeding Aidan through his g-tube. You can see the milk in the bag going through tubing into a pump that pushed it into his tummy. Not fun. Don't miss it at all and can't wait to get the g-tube out! Just one more thing we are excited about!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed