November 16, 2008

Tomorrow!!!

I'm noticing that lately my post have had A LOT of exclamation marks. That's because life is so wonderful! So in my last post I started a count down for the day that Aidan is going to get the g-tube out and I obviously haven't done a very good count down but hey, what can I say. Life at our place has been crazy! Juggling surgeries, doctors appointments, Rich's new job with Delta, and tests just doesn't leave us time for much else and yet we are the happiest little family in the whole world. We have been so blessed. Tomorrow is the big day. Well it's not THE big day. Unfortunately the ENT wasn't able to squeeze Aidan into his schedule to take the trach out at the same time the g-tube comes out. We are going to have to schedule yet another surgery for that. But he will be going in for surgery at 9am tomorrow morning to say goodbye to the g-tube. It has been a very long, stressful and frustrating road. I never could have imagined that I was going to have to teach my baby to eat. Every week for a year we went to a speech therapist where we would try different techniques, textures and flavors of food and drinks to get him to drink and eat. It was a rough and bumpy road but we made it through it and we are now going to be closing that chapter in our lives for good...tomorrow!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed